torsdag 20. desember 2012

Sitater om ledelse og inspirasjon

People ask the difference between a leader and a boss.... The leader works in the open, and the boss in covert. The leader leads and the boss drives. ~Theodore Roosevelt


The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go.

~Egyptian proverb

No man is fit to command another that cannot command himself.

~William Penn

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.

~President Harry S Truman

I not only use all the brains I have, but all I can borrow.
~Woodrow Wilson

A dream is just a dream. A goal is a dream with a plan and a deadline.

~Harvey Mackay

Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple, learn how to look after them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.

~John Steinbeck

I keep six honest serving-men, They taught me all I knew; Their names are What and Why and When, And How and Where and Who.

~Rudyard Kipling, from 'Just So Stories', 1902.

A dwarf standing on the shoulders of a giant may see farther than the giant himself.

~Didacus Stella, circa AD60 - and, as a matter of interest, abridged on the edge of an English £2 coin

Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful.

~Samuel Johnson 1709-84

The most important thing in life is not to capitalise on your successes - any fool can do that. The really important thing is to profit from your mistakes.

~William Bolitho, from 'Twelve against the Gods'

Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be, For my unconquerable soul. In the fell clutch of circumstance, I have not winced nor cried aloud: Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody but unbowed . . . . . It matters not how strait the gait, how charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.

~WE Henley, 1849-1903, from 'Invictus'

Everybody can get angry - that's easy. But getting angry at the right person, with the right intensity, at the right time, for the right reason and in the right way - that's hard.

~Aristotle

Management means helping people to get the best out of themselves, not organising things.

~Lauren Appley

It's not the critic who counts, not the one who points out how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred with the sweat and dust and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes up short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause and who, at best knows the triumph of high achievement and who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

~Theodore Roosevelt.

Behind an able man there are always other able men.

~Chinese Proverb.

I praise loudly. I blame softly.

~Catherine the Great, 1729-1796.


 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...